Combining the best of the on-line and off-line SPE worlds. Off-line SPE (Solid Phase Extraction) provides cartridge refreshment for every sample, avoiding the risk of retention change and carry-over.
The Spark ACE™ combines the best of the on-line and off-line SPE worlds. Although off-line SPE (Solid Phase Extraction) provides cartridge refreshment avoiding the risk of retention change and carryover for every sample, the limited pressure resistance prohibits the use of small sorbent particles. Also, in off-line elution, the sample requires collection and reformatting (often including evaporation and reconstitution) into autosampler vials or wells. And finally….an injection onto the LC system which requires at least one manual transfer of collected samples from the SPE robot to the LC system!
On-line SPE (or column switching or 2D LC) allows the use of small sorbent particle for efficient SPE in addition to the elution of the sample directly onto the LC system by the mobile phase. A fine example of maximum SPE efficiency plus maximum SPE-LC automation! The only downside to column switching is that does not allow frequent automated refreshment of the SPE column or cartridge. The Spark ACE™ eliminates this shortcoming. It selects a fresh cartridge as often as you want and seals it against the pressure of your LC system for on-line elutions. ACE™ combines the flexibility of off-line SPE with the performance and automation of on-line SPE.
- Disposable SPE cartridges sealed up to 300 bar
- Single use or re-use of SPE cartridge – your choice
- Wide range of SPE chemistries
- Standard two trays of 96 cartridges each
- Optional tray feeder for 10 trays
- TASPE™ Temperature controlled SPE
- Dual clamp option for parallel SPE and 2D-SPE
- Dual clamps for simultaneous SPE and elution
- ISS – In-Stream Switching for flow-diversion
- Feeder for a total of 10 cartridge trays
- TASPE – Thermallly Assisted SPE for heating SPE for improved clean-up